Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a bummer!

So today I was having a good friend over for lunch, so I decided to make a pot of chili and some cinnamon rolls. I got everything set out and ready to go, so that when she got here it would be ready to go. She only had an hour break. Caden had already ate and I was patiently waiting but Soo... starving and trying not to snitch bites. : ) My friend showed up only to have already ate! Ugh! I kept thinking, I could have already ate and why did I work so hard on lunch?  I know it's not a big deal, but I feel bummed, because I made a nice lunch for her knowing that she doesn't always eat good meals, and then she didn't eat it. : (  Looking now at it as a positive aspect, at least I don't have to make supper tonight and we have yummy homemade cinnamon rolls to go with it!

4 comments:

  1. Bummer!! Way to look on the bright side though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically remember that when i called and talked to you, i said "i'll bring lunch and come eat at your place on Thursday..." or something to that extent. Sorry things were lost in translation. DEFINITELY didn't mean to bum you out. Good thing you did have some leftovers for supper! The cinnamon roll was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should have called me for a late lunch! lol

    or better yet, dad and I could have come for supper! But I'm sure it was nice to have supper ready early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, no problem Hannah. Jacob ended up coming home and asking how Chili sounded for supper, and I was able to tell him I already made some! : )

    ReplyDelete