Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Plum Jam

So early this summer we found out that we had a plum tree in our back yard and they are finally ripe and ready to pick. For the past week I've been going out with a big bowl and picking plums. At first it seemed that we didn't have that many, but the more I picked it I realized that wow, our little tree is really loaded. Good thing we like plums! : ) Yesterday I made some cinnamon plum jam, 11 jars to be exact. I was starting to worry that it didn't turn out, because it wasn't setting, but today they look alright. The jam is looking like jam, more solid, rather than liquidy. I still have so many plums left that I think I'll make some plum applesauce next. Our garden is continuing to grow. I haven't been able to pick anything yet, but it won't be long!

1 comment: